Featured picture of IBC DUST CAPS:
What is an IBC tote/ tank?
IBC dust caps are part of the IBC tote/tank. Before delving into how important a widget it is, we’d better understand more about the IBC tank to be better aware of its importance.
Intermediate bulk containers (also known as IBC tote, IBC tank, IBC, or pallet tank) are reusable, multi-use industrial-grade containers engineered for the mass handling, transport, and storage of liquids, semi-solids, pastes, or solids.IBC tank capacities generally used are often 1,040 and 1,250 liters (275 and 330 US gal)(插入吨桶图)
The main raw material used in IBC tonnage drums is high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which is odorless, odorless, and non-toxic in granular form. It has good heat and cold resistance, hardness, and tensile strength. Electrical insulation performance and toughness are very good, and has good chemical stability, at room temperature almost insoluble in any organic solvent, resistant to a variety of acids, alkalis, and salts solution corrosion, also has excellent resistance to environmental stress cracking and thermal stress cracking performance, high surface hardness, good dimensional stability.
This shows that it plays an integral role in our daily lives. And how to maintain it?
4 tips of Routine maintenance of IBC Tank/tote
So how do you make sure the IBC tank is functioning at its best? Routine maintenance and inspections are very important. The following are a few suggestions from Qiming Packaging.
- Store under an awning when using and avoid sun exposure. The maximum operating temperature (packaging in cans, storage, transport, discharge, cleaning, etc.) is 70 °C. The minimum storage temperature is -40℃
- Screw well the threaded cover of the open valve when draining, that is, the IBC dust caps mentioned in this article, and tear the aluminum foil for sealing.
- After draining, close the valve counter-clockwise, install the locking IBC dust caps
- Prohibit valves and inner packagings from being subjected to external impact and collision. Before refilling, the state of the returned container must be carefully checked for any unsafe factors affecting continued use.
If left untightened or forgotten to cover the IBC dust caps, the consequences can be very serious. Because IBC tank’s applications are very broad and often very important areas. For example, chemical, fine chemical, water treatment, petrochemical, food, textile, metal processing, leather/paper processing, dye industry, coating industry, agriculture, etc.
First and foremost the dust from the outside and other contaminants can enter the IBC tank, causing the IBC tank contents to be deteriorated and even the entire contents to go to waste. The next thing is that if you forget to screw the IBC dust caps or even don’t screw the IBC dust caps tightly, the liquid in the IBC tank will leak. The catastrophe caused by a flammable liquid leak is appalling. This shows that, although it is a smaller part of the whole IBC tank, IBC dust caps carry considerable responsibility. The Chinese saying that “an embankment of a thousand miles collapses in an ant den” also illustrates this well. So, how do we choose the right IBC dust caps that are safe and cost-effective for us?
- Know the valve size and be sure to choose the exact IBC dust caps’ size that fits, not too loose or too tight. The dimensions of the Qiming package are as follows, and are also common in the market for general-purpose models.
2. Check the type of valve and determine the type of IBC dust caps. Deep cover or shallow cover?
3. Determine functional needs, based on the items in the IBC tanks. Is the choice a one-piece IBC dust cap or a separate combination one?
4. Gaskets or gaskets in the IBC dust caps must be purchased, and we Qiming Packaging usually comes with a seal or gasket for the customer to ensure a very good seal.
5. Consider the customization requirements of your own procurement, such as colors, logos. Qiming Packaging is usually available in large stock in black and white. Please contact us directly if you have any other needs. We are available 24/7.
If you are interested in us, contact us: email@example.com