Drum Closure Instructions
some tips on 2 inch and 3/4 inch drum closures instructions
This article introduces some tips of the steel drum closure instructions on sizes ,material ,structure,surface treatment ,installation and application .They are popular in the 55 gallon or 200 liter steel drums ,also widely spread into small and medium size steel barrels ,lubricating oil pails drums these years .
Brief instruction of drum closure
Many drums or packaging containers require a means of closing.It can be a separate device or seal or sometimes an integral latch or lock. Drum closure is fitting which closes or seals the hole in the drum cover for a better stock or transportation .drum closure need threads attaching to the container with sufficient security. Qiming packaging drum plug thread is international standard .
Purpose of drum closure
- Keep the drum closed and the drum contents contained for the specified shelf life until time of opening
- Provide a barrier to dirt, oxygen, moisture, etc. Control of permeation is critical to many types of products: foods, chemicals, etc.
- Keep the product secure from undesired premature opening
- Allow reasonable ease to open the container by the tools
- Meet the requirements of safety, security and environmental requirements.
Constituent part of drum clousure
- Qiming Packaging one set drum closures include 2 ” drum flanges +2″drum plugs+ 3/4 “drum flanges +3/4” drum plugs+ 4 pieces of gaskets.
- Type: 6 welding points(big) +2 welding points(small)/ 4 welding points(big) +2 welding points(small)
Surface Treatment of drum clousure
Size of drum clousure
- 2 inch
- 3/4 inch
Material of drum clousure
Steel Plugs—cold rolled sheet(CR)/Flanges—hot rolled (HR) carbon steel